Throughout its history, Mont Calm has been one of the most important houses in the Abingdon vicinity. Since its construction in 1827, it has been home to three influential families, the David Campbells (later Governor of Virginia), the Cummings, and the Mingeas. The house is a fine example of the traditional rural house of the Federal period. The site of Mont Calm was part of a grant from King George II in 1752. Since 1904 the estate has been occupied by heirs of the Mingea Family. The stately main house with a large porch overlooks a sweeping front lawn ending at a line of old maples and a lane to a second entrance. Situated on 11.9 acres, a main house, guest house, other quarter, and original smokehouse complete the buildings. The main house has 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, living room, dining room, library, kitchen, many fireplaces and outdoor porches and terraces. All structures are brick, main house and other quarter were handmade on the property. The guest house features living room, dining room, kitchen, three bedrooms, two baths and was built in 1908. The other quarter consist of living room, kitchen, bath, with a bedroom on second floor. This structure was part of the original construction. Abingdon is an historic town, county seat for Washington County, home to Barter Theatre and The Martha Washington Inn. Property listed on both Virginia and National Register of Historic Places. Qualified buyers only please.