The Town of Trade, Tennessee
Trade — between Mountain City, Tennessee and Boone, North Carolina — is an incorporated community at the easternmost point of Tennessee. It’s commonly referred to as the oldest community in Tennessee since being visited by English-speaking settlers as early as 1673. The town sits at 3,133 feet, the highest community in Tennessee.
The community takes pride in the Trade Days festival, a three-day celebration of the Appalachian arts, crafts, culture, and history. It’s happened every year in June since 1989.
What's in Trade, Tennessee
Here’s a brief list of the things you can find in Trade, Tennessee:
- Sharpie’s Restaurant. Southern staples and country comfort food for the soul.
- Trade Community Center. A step back into the past with a trade mill and Native heritage remembrance.
- Mountaineer Restaurant. American restaurant serving lunch and dinner.
- Buttermilk Acres. A rentable cabin for a night’s stay. Features a running brook near the home.
- Woody’s Fireworks. Good prices and friendly staff at a fireworks store.
- Country Road Antiques. A wide-range selection of local antiques for purchase.
Redden Realty in Tennessee
Redden Realty has a proven record of assisting clients with Trade, TN, real estate needs, whether they are buying or selling.
We have lived in the area since 2007 and are ready to make your dreams a reality. Contact us to discuss your ideal home or tract of land and let us go to work for you. There is no other place like Johnson County, Tennessee. We represent clients buying and selling in our region.