The Area of Shady Valley, Tennessee
Shady Valley is an unincorporated community outside the Cherokee National Forrest. It’s the northeastern corner of Tennessee located between Holston Mountain on the northwest, and the Iron Mountains to the southeast. The town sits at 2,785 feet, the second-highest community in Tennessee.
The town celebrates its annual Cranberry Festival with food and a parade the second weekend in October.
Keeping it local in Shady Valley
The town has a few business, government entities, and places of worship to keep it running. Here’s a brief list:
- Shady Valley Country Store. A general county store with a porch, gas, snacks, and food.
- McQueen Farm & Equipment. A farm equipment supplier.
- Shady Valley School. An elementary school for locals.
- Victory Baptist Church.
- Shady Valley Church of Christ.
- Shady Valley Presbyterian Church.
- United States Post Office.
Outdoor things in Shady Valley
There are great things to visit in the outdoors near Shady Valley, Tennessee. Here’s a brief list:
- Appalachian Trail – Low Gap. Hiking trail that enters the Appalachian Trail.
- Switchback Creek Campground. Clean property with camping spots, warm showers, and washer and dryers.
- McQueen Knob. A mountain peak near Shady Valley.
- Double Spring Gap. A mountain pass near Shavey Valley.
Redden Realty in Tennessee
Redden Realty has a proven record of assisting clients with Shady Valley, TN, real estate needs, whether they are buying or selling.
We have lived in the area since 2007 and are ready to make your dreams a reality. Contact us to discuss your ideal home or tract of land and let us go to work for you. There is no other place like Johnson County, Tennessee. We represent clients buying and selling in our region.
Learn more about us and our Tennessee real estate representation of Watauga Lake, Trade, Shady Valley, Mountain City, Laurel Bloomery, and Butler.